Why refer to us?
The RWPsychology Team is extremely proud of the work they do in the community.
We are known for our hard work, our compassion, and our care for the families we serve.
We work hard to achieve results for our families, and really do our best to go over and above for our patients.
We are not satisfied being an average service, but always strive for excellence in all we do.
We provide our referring doctors:
- Fast correspondence
- Same week appointments
- Simple booking system
- Ability to consult with us at any time
- Consultancy about mental health issues
- Regular practice updates
- Crisis management support
- Regular contact with the treating psychologist
- Being aware of your patients progress
How to refer
Referring to RWPsychology is very easy. In fact, patients don’t need a referral to see someone. However in order to be eligible for rebates through Medicare, a Mental Health Careplan is required.
Steps for Patients to Book an Appointment:
- Patients can call 02 8294 8484 to book with our friendly admin team, or book online via our website
- Patient will receive an automated confirmation of their booking with all the details.
- The patient will require a Mental Health Careplan (if they qualify) and referral letter from their GP before the first session should they wish to claim rebates.
- Patients need to bring paperwork to first session, or the GP can fax the referral letter and careplan to 8730 8298.
For Medicare Compliance, it is best practice that referral letters and careplans are made out to the treating clinician or RWPsychology at our correct location address. Due to recent changes however, Medicare are now allowing patients to take their existing referrals to any clinician of their choice.